Skriv ut

As an admitted student at Mid Sweden University, you can book a room by contacting the housing company of your choice.

Mid Sweden University does not provide student accommodation. However, we cooperate closely with student housing companies in each campus city and recommends different housing companies in Sundsvall and Östersund. The choice of housing varies from campus to campus, but all types of student accommodation in Sweden are generally of a high standard.

Types of student accommodation

The housing companies offer a wide range of accommodation such as:

  • student residence hall (dormitory rooms)
  • student residence hall (student flats with single or double rooms)
  • one-bedroom apartments
  • room in shared apartments
  • cottage apartments

Some rooms have their own bathroom with shower, and some also have a small kitchen. In other cases, students will share a bathroom, kitchen, and living room with a small number of other students. Student accommodation is often unfurnished, but there are also furnished rooms provided, depending on the company. Most accommodation require that students bring bed linen and kitchen utensils, but some companies may provide these materials. The housing companies will inform students about the specifics concerning the accommodation.

Areas and cost

The housing companies offer accommodation in various areas throughout the campus cities. Some are situated near the university campus, some are close to the city centre and some are located close to nature. Most student accommodation is located within walking distance of the university campus. Depending on the area and the type of room, the rent varies from approximately 2000 - 4000 SEK per month.

How to book accommodation

Many students are looking for housing before the start of each semester; it is, therefore, recommended that students apply for accommodation as soon as they have been admitted to Mid Sweden University. As soon as you have received your "Notification off Selection Results/Confirmation of Enrolment" from the International Office, you can and should start contacting the different housing companies. We work closely with the different housing companies; however, students are responsible for booking their own accommodation for the period they will study at the university.

Mid Sweden University can assist students with information about how to find and book accommodation and contact details for the different housing companies available. Contact the International Office if you have questions.